About Me

My photo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I am a Boston, Massachusetts-based Wedding Officiant and Celebrant; I also do free-lance writing, editing, teaching and coaching writers.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Looking for Heaven in All the Wrong Places

It's been awhile since I've posted and I have no excuses, except I've been busy, busy, busy, chasing obligations and following through on tasks. Admittedly, I do have to earn a living still, and jobs, work, require both effort and attention. And I've done OK with all that, but what does it mean in the end?

I'm exhausted, and it's not for not getting enough sleep. Heaven is not in the everyday grind of work, either its successes or failures or all things in between, but in the everyday opportunity to rise above the fray and remember why we're here. We're here to honor (and maybe even enjoy) the space of living itself, the awesome view from the perch of existence to simply solve problems, smooth over breakdowns, finish what we started and then STOP to BREATHE.

It's breathing that shows up as a challenge these days. I can actually feel myself gasping for breath. But every once in awhile when I stop and let myself do just that - BREATHE- I'm a different person, an aware person, not looking for heaven in the gritty details, but in the air itself. I love the opportunty and it's with me, and you, every day, all the time.

No comments: