About Me

My photo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I am a Boston, Massachusetts-based Wedding Officiant and Celebrant; I also do free-lance writing, editing, teaching and coaching writers.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

wishful thinking

And farewell to all that.I'm getting over the deliberate act of wishful thinking and it feels like a good fit to try on the robe of reality. I used to think that a regime change in the United States would salve our ills, but I've come to realize that this isn't so.

The current US fiscal crisis will be with us for quite awhile, as we have for too long depended on a single bubble (now it's housing and eight years ago it was the dot.com), and bubbles always burst, especially when we hold our breaths just long enough to hopefully get past an upswing with something to hold in our hands.

I have nothing to hold after this bubble, except to welcome my fellow Americans into my own reduced living condition. All the wishing for a better fortune has not made it happen, but at least I stopped worrying. It's actually time to start feeling good. Like Janis Joplin said in her song: "feelin' good's anther word for nothin' left to lose".

When all the dust settles we'll be different, but still fully human, and maybe even better people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.