About Me

My photo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I am a Boston, Massachusetts-based Wedding Officiant and Celebrant; I also do free-lance writing, editing, teaching and coaching writers.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's never too late

Well, it's still the same day to keep your promise even if it's just around ninety minutes before midnight.

I have nothing to say except that there's a recession in the wind and people are more afraid than ever of not finding work or losing the meagre job they're holding onto right now. My next door neighbor is a Russian technology scientist who was making around 150 until he was laid off in November, but then he was picked up again as a full time consultant until they cut everyone out and shipped all their work to China. So he's unemployed again, but he says there are still more interviews ahead. He owns the condo we live in and he won't get much for it now with the Boston real estate market in such a funk, much like the rest of the country.

As for me, I'm losing my office at Northeastern U at the end of spring break, along with twenty or so other teachers. Who knows where they plan to put us, but I have some pretty good art I brought in which will now be relegated to my basement again, as I don't want to hang that much in my home yet. I always have more art than walls to hang any of it.

So, it's getting late and I have lesson plans for my early morning college level angels, who will be sorely disappointed that I haven't finished reading their first draft papers. But this was a busy weekend, full of tiny nagging details, one of which is writing for my blog, but I'm not complaining. Life is full of tradeoffs, and if you do everything perfectly the way you know you ought, you won't grow. You won't make yourself take on new tasks, new challenges. So there! I'm done and I made it just in time.

No comments: