About Me

My photo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I am a Boston, Massachusetts-based Wedding Officiant and Celebrant; I also do free-lance writing, editing, teaching and coaching writers.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lethargy

Fear was yesterday's topic; lethargy is today's. Lethargy is defined as a lack of energy and enthusiasm. It was used originally in medical terminology, but has come around to more frequently describe mood in the late twentieth century. Mood itself is defined in one iteration as a sullen state of mind. A lethargic mood is therefore loaded with down-tempo, depressive like, dare I say "fear" centered overtones?

The more I explore the words I use to describe my current frame of mind, the worse I feel and the fiercer I am to get moving of this cesspool of negativity. What to do next? Well, as if there isn't a platter of duties to attend to, or a long list of quality of life items that could use my undivided attention: clean up my wedding business files to access the most commonly used templates and put the rest in a folder that saves me seconds and sometimes minutes in useless mining through old material every time I sit down to write the next wedding script.

Or, in short, get off my duff and do the next thing in front of my nose. Life is action, not worry, not endless reasoning. I have spent too much of my life reasoning through the options and not enough time acting on the obvious, for fear of making a mistake and/or wasting time. (See the last two days' postings). I'd like to say more, but my lethargy has disappeared and I have to get to work.

No comments: